CONNECT University organised a series of sessions on “Digital for sustainability” with the aim to explore the way digitalisation can help sustainability and how digital innovation and solutions can contribute to tackle climate change.
Digital transformation must support the ‘sustainability transition’. This means that Europe’s digital policies and initiatives should include a ‘green digital transformation strategy’ that can support the delivery of sustainability goals in many sectors of our economy, as well as to ensure that the ICT sector itself will be subject to ‘greening’ through some difficult adjustments with respect to its energy efficiency and e-waste.
The CONNECT University lectures on “Digital for sustainability” would help the participants to better understand how digital can enable the transition to a more sustainable world.
- Digital with Purpose - Delivering a SMARTer2030
- Sustainable data centres and cloud computing
- Digital solutions for Circular Economy: from planetary boundaries to information flows
- Making the Digital Revolution work for Global Sustainability
- Why we need to redesign the internet to fight climate change
The sessions were webstreamed and recorded and everyone can follow them.
For any further questions please contact EC-CONNECT-UNIVERSITY@ec.europa.eu