The Housing Partnership has elaborated a set of actions in the work strand on better legislation. Focus was on state aid legislation and how this can influence housing investments in cities. As part of the implementation of the action, partnership, friendly supported by the CoR, organises a capacity building workshop on 23 May 2018 in Brussels. In this, partnership aims at showcasing how the prevailing legal uncertainty in state aid law creates obstacles for public investment in housing. It wishes to contribute to develop knowledge and mutual understanding on the use of state support in the housing sector in general and the multi-story apartment buildings in particular. Speakers and participants from the legal field and affordable housing scene will discuss how regulations and/or guidance can be improved to increase the supply of affordable housing.
For more information:
- Capacity Building Workshop on “State Aid and Affordable Housing Investments” (Press Release)
- Capacity Building Workshop on “State Aid and Affordable Housing Investments” (Full Report)
- Partnership on Housing delivers guidance on state aid and a toolkit for affordable housing
- Guidance Paper on EU Regulation and Public Support for Housing
- JURI European Commission EIB sgei European Committee of the Regions Agnes Jongerius Vienna Orna Rosenfeld Michaela Kauer Poznan Service of General Economic Interest capacity building workshop Capacity building for application of state aid rules in affordable housing sector State Aid and Affordable Housing investments Icham Imane DG COMP Henrik Morch Sciences-Politiques Paris Anna Harasimowicz Helena Henriksson SABO Knut Holler Housing Initiative for Eastern Europe Laurent Ghekiere Union Sociale pour l’Habitat Ronald Paping Woonbond Barbara Cattrysse Viktor Kreuschitz General Court Evelyn Regner