The Urban Agenda Partnership for Air Quality is pleased to present the preliminary results of its work during the workshop “Urban Agenda Partnership for Air Quality: Solutions for healthier cities and regions” on Wednesday 10th of October during the European Week of Regions and Cities (EWRC).
Following the production of its own Action Plan, which was approved on 1 November 2017, the Partnership has been implementing six Actions, which are now being finalised:
- Action 1 - Identification of gaps in regulation and implementation on air pollutant emission sources;
- Action 2 - Better air quality planning;
- Action 3 - Better targeted funding for air quality;
- Action 4 - Better focus on the protection and on the improvement of citizens’ health;
- Action 5 - Awareness raising and knowledge sharing;
- Action 6 - Outreach (which was merged with Action 1).
In the context of Action 1+6, the Partnership has already submitted a joint Position Paper in response to the Open Public Consultation to support the Fitness Check of the EU Ambient Air Quality Directives.
The Partnership is currently finalising the Code of Good Practices for Cities Air Quality Action Plans, as part of Action 2. The executive summary can already be downloaded here.
In the framework of Action 5, a Communication Toolbox for awareness-raising strategies on air quality issues has been developed. The Toolbox can be downloaded here.
The Partnership is also finalising the following deliverables which will be published in the next few weeks
- In the framework of Action 4, a new instrument for measuring benefits generated in terms of citizen’s health and living environments, and
- In the framework of Action 3, a new general business model for cities air quality plans.
- workshop Air Quality EWRC European Week of Regions and Cities solutions for healthier cities and regions