Originally published on datainnovation.org by Gillian Diebold
Generative AI has made waves in the news cycle lately, with new developments like ChatGPT inciting both excitement and panic from educators. Some call it the end of the five-paragraph essay, while others see it as an opportunity for pedagogical advancement. Either way, generative AI is already a reality, and educators need to adapt and prepare for the changes it brings.
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a discussion about the promises and pitfalls of generative AI in the classroom and the ways policymakers can support educators while allowing this new technology to prosper.
Date and Time:
- March 7, 2023, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
- Gillian Diebold, Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)
- Deepak Sekar, Co-founder and CEO, Prof Jim
- Torrey Trust, Associate Professor of Learning Technology, Department of Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Tony Wan, Head of Platform, Reach Capital
- Jeff Young, Managing Editor, EdSurge
Questions for the speakers? Ask online.
- Log in to post comments
- Datainnovation ChatGPT GAI generativeAI AISkills