Generative AI has made waves in the news cycle lately, with new developments like ChatGPT inciting both excitement and panic from educators. Some call it the end of the five-paragraph essay, while others see it as an opportunity for pedagogical advancement. Either way, generative AI is already a reality, and educators need to adapt and prepare for the changes it brings.
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a discussion about the promises and pitfalls of generative AI in the classroom and the ways policymakers can support educators while allowing this new technology to prosper.
Date and Time:
- March 7, 2023, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
- Gillian Diebold, Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)
- Deepak Sekar, Co-founder and CEO, Prof Jim
- Torrey Trust, Associate Professor of Learning Technology, Department of Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Tony Wan, Head of Platform, Reach Capital
- Jeff Young, Managing Editor, EdSurge
Questions for the speakers? Ask online.