The Speaker is:
Moojan Asghari (Women in AI, Paris)
This is the link to register:
Here is a short description of her live presentation:
How can a technology be the future without involving 50% of the population? AI is the future and without Women it will not achieve its goal which is to provide more personalised, precise and adapted solutions to everyone.
Join us on the discussion about the problem of Bias in AI and the importance of Education in AI to tackle the issue
CV of Moojan Asghari
EDHEC Business School - Nice, France Sep-12 – Dec-15
Double Degree Master in Management / MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking
(Awarded EDHEC International Excellence scholarship)
● Thesis on Company Analysis, Valuation and Financial Modeling of Avon Products Inc.
Iran University of Science and Technology - Tehran, Iran Sep-07 – Jun-12
Bachelor of Applied Science, Industrial Engineering - Planning & Systems Analysis
(Ranked top 5% among more than 53,000 candidates in National University Entrance Examination)
● Thesis on financial risks of the top companies in Iranian steel market
Women in AI (WAI), Paris, France (3 years) Jan-17 – Present
President and Co-founder
● Created the core team in Paris and successfully launched the Paris chapter in April 2017 and developed it to a global
network of +3000 members across 100 countries, actively involved with WAI.
● Registered the organisation as a non-profit in Paris and expanded to 30 chapters around the world, from the US, to
South Africa, Australia, Japan and several European countries.
● Led projects including Wai2Go (WAI educational program for kids), WaiAwards (an Award for female
entrepreneurs in AI), WaiSummit (an annual gathering of WAI network), AI4EU (as part of a consortium funded by
European Commission), WaiCamp (2-day workshop for teenagers)
● Represented WAI in over 30 international conferences including European Parliament, UNESCO, OECD and Slush.