On 19 April 2016, the Commission adopted and transmitted to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions, its eGovernment Action Plan 2016-2020 entitled "Accelerating the Digital Transformation of Government".
The support of other EU Institutional actors and promoters/implementers is very important and apreciated by the pen holders of the eGovernment Action Plan 2016-2020 and will facilitate its uptake/implementation in Europe.
You can have a look at the official documents here:
- Council conclusions (20/9/2016)
- Opinion from the Economic and Social Committee (September 2016)
- Opinion from the Committee of Regions (with a helpful timeline of the process) (October 2016)
- (Draft) opnion from the ITRE Committe of the European Parliament (January 2017, to be voted in Q1 2017)
- (Draft) opinion from the JURI Committee of the European Parliament (January 2017)