Digital transformation is the next frontier for public procurement. That is why the European Commission is organising a conference to discuss the issues in Lisbon, Portugal on 18 October.
The digital transformation of public procurement will bring huge changes to the sector, but it also offers increased competitiveness of our economies. It will improve the efficiency of public services and make public procurement more attractive for businesses.
For this reason, the digital transformation of public procurement is one of the priorities highlighted in the Commission's public procurement package of October 2017.
The time has come to meet in Lisbon and exchange views on:
- how we can take our current achievements to the next level. E-procurement, the ‘European Single Procurement Document’ and ‘eCertis’ are a reality, but still hold lots of potential for public buyers and businesses
- how to get ready for future waves of technological change and digital innovation
- how to further engage the EU-wide public procurement community on the benefits of this radical transformation
You will have the opportunity to:
- listen to high-level speakers including politicians, top civil servants from the EU and beyond, as well as representatives of the private sector
- get an overview of the latest policy developments
- gather insights from concrete projects and experiences linked to digital transformation
(Registration requires an EU Login. If you do not already have an EU Login, click on the link that appears to 'create an account').
The conference agenda will soon be available.
Lisbon is a popular destination and October is still a high season for tourism. We recommend that you take care of your travel and accommodation arrangements as soon as possible to guarantee the best choice and price.
See the official Visit Lisbon website
Follow the conversation on Twitter using #EUPublicProcurement
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org