Please read the Privacy Statement carefully before joining the meeting.
The Digital Decade Futurium Community is happy to invite you to our fourth webinar to present the Commission’s proposal for a Declaration on Digital Rights and Principles and discuss how we can build a more digitally inclusive Europe by 2030.
The event will take place on Wednesday 18th May, 2022, from 12:00 to 14:00pm CET. Mark this date on your calendars and, when it’s time, click on the link under “Registration URL” at the top of the page.
The webinar will be divided into two parts:
- Dynamic presentations to set the scene on Europe’s vision for a more digitally inclusive Union by 2030 and to better understand what people across Europe think of digital rights and principles.
- A moderated panel discussion with representatives from a variety of different organizations working in the field of digital inclusion.
Both sessions will be followed by a Q&A during which participants will be invited to post their questions on the “Digital Principles” discussion forum. This will allow for all questions to remain open for further conversations on the platform even after the webinar.
12:00 - 12:05 Introduction & what to expect - Ms. Lavinia BIANCHI, Communication Officer Investment in High-Capacity Networks, DG CNECT
12:05 - 12:15 Europe’s Digital Principles for 2030: Towards a digitally inclusive Europe – Dr. Thibaut KLEINER, Director Policy Strategy and Outreach, DG CNECT
12:15 - 12:25 Consultation results: What people think of Digital Rights & Principles – Ms. Inês DA COSTA, Manager, Wavestone
12:25 - 12:35 European Pillar of Social Rights: Lessons learned – Mr. Mihai PALIMARICIUC, Socio-Economic Analyst Fair Green and Digital Transitions, Research, DG EMPL
12:35 - 12:40 Q&A - moderated by Dr. Elania ZITO, Coordinator, EU Digital Ambassadors community
12:40 - 12:45 Break
12:45 - 13:30 Digital Inclusion: A panel discussion – moderated by Dr. Elania ZITO, Coordinator, EU Digital Ambassadors community
- Ms. Kjara DIVJAKINJA, Project manager, Exevio
- Dr. Alicja PAWLUCZUK, Digital Youth Researcher and founder of Digital Beez
- Dr. Elizabeth MILOVIDOV, Senior Manager Digital Child Safety, the LEGO Group
- Ms. Stephanie VELICHKOVA, Project manager, Digital National Alliance in Bulgaria
- Ms. Elizabeth WILTSHIRE, Program manager, Friends of Europe
- Mr. Mher HAKOBYAN, Accessibility officer, European Disability Forum
13:30 - 13:45 Q&A with panelists - moderated by Dr. Elania ZITO, Coordinator, EU Digital Ambassadors community
13:45 - 13:50 The Digital EU Ambassadors community: Benefits & how to become an ambassador – Mr. Giuseppe IANNIELLO, Manager, EU Digital Ambassadors community
13:50 - 14:00 Conclusion & next steps – Mr. Eric PETERS, Deputy Head of Unit Implementation of the Regulatory Framework, DG CNECT
Attached you can find a background note with more details on the topics under discussion and the speakers.
We hope you will make it to the webinar and join our Futurium community to stay in touch.
See you soon,
The Digital Decade Community Team
- digital principles digital rights European Pillar of Social Rights consultation digital future digital decade