This CONNECT University online session highlighted the importance of supporting various forms of the fight against disinformation and debunking false news, e.g. fact checking, data driven journalism and quality journalism, as well as empower civil society and independent researchers.
What should be the responsibilities of the media among the different actors (e.g. tech companies, platforms, regulators, civil society, etc.) in tackling disinformation?
How could the media sector effectively cooperate with the other actors to achieve this goal and to ensure the plurality of information?
- Paolo Cesarini, Head of Unit DG CONNECT I4 Media Convergence and Social Media
- Liz Corbin, Deputy Director Media and Head of News at European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Geneva
- Gregoire Lemarchand, AFP Fact Check
- Marc Sundermann, Senior Fellow & Project Director at Fondation EURACTIV Europe's Media Lab, Former Bertelsmann representative, former member of the High-Level Expert Group on disinformation.
- Chiara Sighele Project coordinator, European Data Journalism Network
You can re-watch the event here.
- Online Disinformation