Following the success of the previous seven episodes of the ‘Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debate’, the next edition will take place tomorrow on 17 May 2022, and will aim to understand how border regions collaborate in their preparedness for and response to natural and industrial disaster risks.
The natural and industrial disasters of the past autumn and summer in Europe, featuring heavy flooding, forest fires, and water pollution, have once again taken a human toll. Border regions play an especially important role here: since many borders in the EU are drawn along natural barriers (such as rivers, forests, or mountains), the risk management that these barriers require become a shared responsibility.
At this Breakfast Debate, we will hear from the following speakers:
- Myriam Boveda, Team Leader, Smart and Sustainable Growth Unit, DG REGIO
- Ignacio Sanchez Amor, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- Ángela Iglesias Rodrigo, Head of the Department of Defense Against Forest Fires, Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge (MITECO), Spain
- Marcela Glodeanu, Head of Unit, Managing Authority for Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria
- Aldo Primiero, CROSSIT SAFER project representative, Italy
The event will be held online on Zoom. You can already answer the poll for the event here.
If you would like to see any issues raised during the event, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
'Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debates’ is a series of online events organised by the Border Focal Point Network and is designed to highlight ways in which obstacles to cross-border cooperation can be reduced as well as to promote the pooling of services along the EU’s internal borders.
Register here and join the conversation.