There are 40 land borders connecting the Member States of the European Union and EFTA countries. 150 million European citizens - almost one third of the entire EU population - live in a border region today. However, there are still many obstacles that citizens and businesses face when interacting with regions in neighbouring countries.
b-solutions, an initiative launched by the European Commission’s DG REGIO and the Association of European Border Regions (AEBR) to address the legal and administrative obstacles hindering cross-border cooperation along the EU internal land borders, is publishing five booklets withinformation that could help stakeholders learn more about cross-border cooperation, and opportunities to enhance it.
This Friday, 10th December, representatives of DG REGIO, participants involved in b-solutions and experts, including copywriters involved in the process and AEBR will present these publications and discuss the knowledge gained, in a 1-hour online celebration.
The expert speakers include:
- Slawomir Tokarski, Director at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, Unit European Territorial Cooperation, Macro-regions, Interreg and Programme Implementation I (REGIO.D)
- Karl-Heinz Lambertz, President of Parliament of the German-speaking community of Belgium and President of the Association of European Border Regions (AEBR)
- Ms Annika Daisley, Project Manager Border obstacles/ Border opportunities at the Svinesundskommittén (SE/NO)
- Gyula Ocskay, Secretary General of the Central European Service for Cross-Border Initiatives (CESCI)
- Dorothee Fischer, Senior Communications Expert; Co-founder and CEO of Legado Sharpe and Fischer, and Caitlin Boucher, International Development Cooperation and Spanish-English Translation Specialist
To join this celebration, please register here: https://futurium.ec.europa.eu/en/border-focal-point-network/events/laun…