On behalf of EUREGHA, I would like to share some follow up materials to the session held on 12 October from 09:30 to 11:00 within the framework of the European Week of Regions and Cities, organised by the Committee of the Regions’ NAT Commission and Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, and DG CONNECT from European Commission, in collaboration with EUREGHA - the reference network for European Regional and Local Health Authorities - and the Province of Lugo (Spain).
The topic was "Healthy ageing in the EU: The potential of digital innovation for elderly health and social care, structured by the following agenda:
- Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President and European Commissioner for Democracy and Demography (video message);
- Jarosław Duda, MEP, EMPL Committee, European Parliament;
- Birgitta Sacrédeus, Chair, Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, European Committee of the Regions;
- Marco Marsella, Head of Unit, eHealth, Well-Being and Ageing, DG CONNECT, European Commission;
- Raluca Painter, Head of Unit, Labour Market, Education, Health and Social Services, DG REFORM, European Commission;
- Piret Hirv, Project Manager, Innovation Networks for Active and Healthy Ageing (IN-4-AHA)
The session was moderated by Giovanni Gorgoni, Chair of EUREGHA.
Below you can find some relevant links on the session's contents and speakers’ key messages:
- Quote from Vice-President Dubravka Suica
- Quote from Jaroslaw Duda
- Quote from Birgitta Sacrédeus
- Example from the Province of Lugo (ES)
- Quote from Raluca Painter
- Quote from Piret Hirv
- Quote from Marco Marsella
- Quote from Giovanni Gorgoni
Please find the full press release attached to this article, as well as the article published in ESPON Magazine.
The recording of the session is available on YouTube: