This book shows that global population ageing is an opportunity to improve the quality of human life rather than a threat to economic competitiveness and stability. It describes the concept of the creative ageing policy as a mix of the silver economy, the creative economy, and the social and solidarity economy for older people.
Each chapter includes exercises and assignments for both students and those who are likely to apply the presented concepts in practice.
- Table of Contents - Volume I: Context and Considerations:
Foreword by Harry R. Moody
Foreword by Kathrin Komp
1. Old Age as a Stage in the Life Course and the Life Cycle
2. Forms of Older People's Capital
3. Creativity and Ageing: Concepts and Controversies
4. Mixed Economy and Multisectoral Approach to Population Ageing
5. Silver, Creative, and Social Economies as Positive Responses to Population Ageing
6. Benefits at the Interface Between Economic Systems
Afterword by Lukasz Tomczyk
- ageing aging creative capital creative economy creativity economic systems life course life cycle mixed economy old age older people retirement silver economy social capital social economy social innovation social policy