The aim of PrivAw is to bridge the knowledge gap between users’ requirements and the appropriate and secure use of AAL technologies to deliver effective and supportive care to older adults managing their health and wellbeing. PrivAw will seek to increase awareness and understanding of the context-specific ethical, legal, privacy and societal issues necessary to implement AAL systems across hospital, home and community settings, in a manner that protects and reassures users; outputs will stimulate the development of a new research perspective for constructively addressing privacy-aware AAL solutions for assisted living.
This workshop is organised by the GoodBrother COST Action (CA19121) on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living.
It aims at collecting and discussing AAL solutions, projects and research. We seek contributions that include, but are not limited to:
- Privacy-aware technologies
- Responsible Research for the elderly
- Fair systems
- Legal requirements and privacy issues for data collection and processing in care
- Privacy by Design and by Context
- User acceptance criteria for AAL
- GDPR requirements of AAL solutions
- Best practices for interdisciplinary collaborations between law, IT, care and/or sociology
- Awareness and understanding of context-specific ethical, legal, privacy and societal issues
This workshop is organised as part of PETRA 2022 – The 15th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference.