Sign up for TTD updates here
The Trade and Technology Dialogue is designed to support the EU-US Trade and Technology Council, which serves as a forum for the European Union and the United States to coordinate approaches to key global trade, economic, and technology issues and to deepen transatlantic relations based on shared values.
Over a three-year period - from May 2022 until May 2025 - the Trade and Technology Dialogue will mobilise experts and stakeholders on both sides of the Atlantic with events and research outputs to facilitate inclusive, efficient and effective discussions and joint initiatives in support of the EU-US Trade and Technology Council and its ten working groups.
To achieve this goal, the Trade and Technology Dialogue will:
- offer stakeholders from the EU and the US a forum to exchange views on topics of relevance for the Trade and Technology Council with other stakeholders, as well as with relevant services, departments and agencies of the EU and US;
- assist the EU and the US with access to relevant non-governmental expertise from a broad range of stakeholders; and
- develop ideas and suggestions to the EU and US, based on the stakeholder engagement, to the benefit of the Trade and Technology Council.
Over the course of three years, the Trade and Technology Dialogue will organise in-person, hybrid and online events in the EU and the US:
- Joint technical government-to-stakeholder meetings;
- Ad-hoc discussion rounds and exchanges on specific policy questions and
- High-level government-to-stakeholder events.
The Trade and Technology Dialogue will also provide analysis, research and written outputs on a demand-driven basis for the Trade and Technology Council. Among other formats, we will produce:
- Analyses of stakeholder positions and summary pieces in and across the Trade and Technology Council’s working groups;
- Research to facilitate the development of common EU-US positions and approaches and
- Political analysis and ad-hoc papers for the Trade and Technology Council.
The Trade and Technology Dialogue is an EU-funded project, contracted to the Centre for European Policy Studies, the European University Institute, the Istituto Affari Internazionali, Forum Europe/Forum Global, and the Providence Group.
We believe that stakeholders are a crucial resource to the success of the EU-US Trade and Technology Council.
How you can get involved
- Register your support and interest in this project by subscribing to the TTD Newsletter.
- Get in touch and learn more about the stakeholder activities, and how you can contribute by regularly following the updates on Futurium where all upcoming events, research outputs, and further content will be announced (you can allow for regular notification in the settings of your Futurium account).
- Connect with the TTD via @Trade_EU, @DigitalEU and @EU_FPI social media accounts.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org